The Residency Program is designed for those colleagues desiring a longer stay at MRI and more interaction with the staff members of the Brief Therapy and the Strategic Therapy Centers. Residents stay for a minimum of one-week and a maximum of several months. We offer residency programs in English and in Spanish.
Part of your training at MRI will include:
- Participation in ongoing clinics by sitting behind the one-way mirror
- Participation of weekly supervision (limited spaces available)
- Watching video taped material of both centers' work, as well as historical materials by Paul Watzlawick, John Weakland, Don Jackson (mostly audio), and Richard Fisch
- Participation in workshops and intensive trainings occurring during your stay
- Shadowing staff to off-site trainings/sessions as they occur (limited times)
-View the Residency Schedule- (sample)
Please note: all residents who stay with MRI for more than one month will be required to write a mini-research paper in order to receive their certificate of completion.
Dates (Subject to Availability):
Spring Session: Mid-January through Mid-June
Fall Session: Mid-September through Mid-December
*MRI requires a deposit to ensure you a space in our residency program.
No refunds will be issued.
Special pricing is available for residents who stay for more than 5 weeks.
Interested? Please fill out this Residency Application so we can design a program especially for you.
-MRI Residency Application-
If you have any questions, or would like more information regarding this program, please contact:
María Pía Allende, Director,
(for Spanish-Speaking Residents)
(for English-Speaking Residents)