Diana Sullivan Everstine was born on March 20, 1944 in San Francisco, CA. She earned a BA in Fine Arts in 1969 and a Master in Special Education in 1971, at the California State University in San Francisco. She became a doctor in 1974 in Clinical and Community Pscyhology at the California School of Professional Psychology. She joined the Mental Research Institute of Palo Alto as an intern in 1973, working in Family Therapy and being a member of the Mobile Emergency Team. She is one of the MRI’s Senior Research Fellow since 1974. Dr. Everstine has been working on various subjects such as Clinical Practice, Psychotherapy, Assessment, and Research, Crisis Intervention, Emergency Care, and Trauma, Forensics, Law Enforcement, and Criminal Investigations. She participated in many trainings and seminars all over the world. Despite her private practice, she’s the Director of the Institute for Behavior Assessment and Research (IBAR) (Alliant International University).
She co-authored most of her publications with her husband, Dr. Louis Everstine.
- 1977 with Louis Everstine: “Emergency Psychology: A Mobile Service for Police Crisis Calls,” Family Process 16(3), 281-292.
- 1980 with Louis Everstine, Gary M. Heymann, Reiko Homma True, David H. Frey, Harold G. Johnson, and Richard H. Seiden: “Privacy and Confidentiality in Psychotherapy,” American Psychologist, 35, 828-840.
- 1981 with Louis Everstine: “The Treatment of Psychological Emergencies.” In J.R. Hays, T.K. Roberts, and K. S. Solway (Ed’s) Violence and the Violent Individual. New York: SP Medical and Scientific Books, 391-407. 12
- 1983 with Louis Everstine: People in Crisis, New York: Brunner/Mazel.
- 1984 with Louis Everstine: Mensen in Nood: Strategieen voor hulpuerlenung: Van Loghum Slaterus bv, Deventer, The Netherlands.
- 1985 with Louis Everstine: Krisentherapie, Stuttgart: Klett-Cotta.
- 1986 with Louis Everstine: Psychotherapy and the Law, New York: Grune & Stratton.
- 1986 with Louis Everstine: Akutpsykologi: Hjälp åt offer för våldsbrott, Lund: Natur och Kultur.
- 1989 with Louis Everstine: Sexual Trauma in Children and Adolescents, New York: Brunner/Mazel.
- 1992 with Louis Everstine: Personas en Crisis: Intervenciones Terapéutica Estratégicás, México City: Editorial Pax México.
- 1993 with Louis Everstine: The Trauma Response: Treatment for Emotional Injury, New York: W.W. Norton.
- 1993 with Louis Everstine: Des Gens en Crise, Paris: EPI Hommes & Perspectives.
- 2006 with Louis Everstine: Strategic Interventions for People in Crisis, Trauma, and Disaster, New York: Routledge.